The Security Dawgs Club is a group of students preparing for the Annual Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition. The CCDC competition is an excellent opportunity to bring positive exposure to SIUC, our School, and its programs. It is an event that will allow employers, alumni, and friends an opportunity to support an exciting event and also the opportunity to help net resources that can have a long-term impact on enhancing our information security training. We are looking for people and organizations to be involved as sponsors, judges, exercise designers, and general support staff. If you would like to be involved and/or know of contacts within your organization that could help, please contact us.
- Faculty/Staff Advisor: Belle Woodward
- Primary Officer: Marcus Wood
The Tech Dawgs is a group dedicated to providing leadership and professional development opportunities to students interested in a career in Information Technology. We also plan on providing volunteer technical services to local Southern Illinois non-profit organizations as well as accepting corporate equipment donations to refurb and repurpose by giving to these organizations.
- Faculty/Staff Advisor: Tom Imboden
- Primary Officer: Allen Ewing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Website: http://techdawgs.rso.siu.edu
WEB DEVELOPMENT (WEB DEV)
Web Dev is a group who seeks for Web Project Competition launched by AITP. Since the competition is open annually, Web Dev mainly prepares for it by following several phases suggested by AITP. We encourage anyone who is intereted in any field of Web Development.
- Faculty/Staff Advisor: Andrey Soares
The Electronics Association meets to explore special interests in electronics and technology - from DawgZooka maintenance, design of new promotional items, pinball machine repair and any other directions club members wish to take it for fun, education and professional development. Past club events have included working with the local Boys & Girls Club in electronics and robotics, and mentoring local robotics teams.
- Faculty/Staff Advisor: Martin Hebel
- Facebook: EST Electronics Association
PROJECT MANAGEMENT GROUP (PMG)
PMG is a group focused on project management, which is the application of knowledge, skills and techniques to execute projects effectively and efficiently. Project management is a strategic competency for organizations, enabling them to tie project results to business goals.
- Faculty/Staff Advisor: James Sissom
- Primary Officer: Aimee Taylor
- Website: http://orgsync.com/78808/chapter
MINORITY IN COMPUTING (MIC)
MiC is to provide opportunities for undergraduates, primarily underrepresented minority students, to conduct research in computing spanning the information technology by learning a variety of computer skills.
- Faculty/Staff Advisor: Sam Chung
- Primary Officer: Hong Jung
- Website: http://smartandsecurecomputing.org/mic
GAME MECHANICS RESEARCH STUDIO
The Game Mechanics Research Studio (GaMeRS) is a student organization that promotes research and development of video games. Some of the topics we are involved in include game design elements, industry business, trends, history, interfacing, reverse engineering, theory, collecting, and video game environments as film (Machinima).
- Faculty/Staff Advisor: John Perkins-Buzo and Sam Chung
- Primary Officer: Alan Franklin
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/siucgamers/
- Website: http://gamers.rso.siu.edu